Botany Lesson 4
Today you will be going through your third video lesson. While you are watching the video you will need to have your Main Lesson Book and pencils with you. Please take your time as you work through the video lesson. You will need to pause and restart the video several times in order to do all the tasks in the lesson.
Please Note: I don’t think I was clear in the video, but please copy the picture of Maria Merian and write the notes about her in your lesson book just as you did for Theophrastus.
Here is the link for today’s video lesson: https://youtu.be/Yw1YRsQQLAE
Maria Sibylla Merian Questions:
1. What was Maria expected to learn growing up in Germany in the 1630s?
2. What was Maria’s favorite part of her pictures?
3. On page 10, the story says that sometimes Maria wished she could follow butterflies, but instead she felt a caterpillar in its cocoon. Why did Maria feel this way?
4. How was Maria’s book different from other nature books of the time?
When you have finished the lesson you will have the following pages in your Main Lesson Book:
1. Title Page
2. The Plant Is A Child of the Earth and Sun verse
3. Summer and Winter Verse
4. Plant Life Cycle Picture
5. Picture of Theophrastus and Notes
6. Life Cycle of the Flowering Plant
7. Photosynthesis Picture
8. Photosynthesis Summary
9. Pollen & Pollinate Definitions
10. Plant and Butterfly Diagram
11. Maria Sybilla Merian Notes
Work on Plant study 2
Read Anna Botsford Comstock’s Story